Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Mosquito Control and other Mosquito Control topics.
Mosquitoes breed in standing water so allowing standing water to gather around your home allows these pests to thrive. Some ways to prevent this include:
• Do not allow water to accumulate in the saucers of flowerpots, cemetery urns or in pet dishes for more than 2 days
• Clean debris from rain gutters and remove any standing water under or around structures, or on flat roofs
• Check around faucets and air conditioner units and repair leaks or eliminate puddles that remain for several days
• Change the water in birdbaths and wading pools at least once a week
• Stock ornamental pools with top feeding predacious minnows to consume mosquito larvae and pupae
|Sheri Ann Richerson|